The Governing Body at The Florence Nightingale Academy comprises Parent, Staff, Co-opted and Local Authority Governors who work together contributing to the whole school vision for the future of the school. No one type of Governor has a majority.
Our Governing Body is made up of two committees:
- Finance Committee
- Strategic Development, Personnel, Functions and Pay Committee.
These committees meet each term, while the full Governing Body meets three times a year.
Should you wish to contact our Governing Body please address all correspondence to the address below:
Mrs Linda Skinner
c/o The Florence Nightingale Academy
Tel: 01773 713452
The purpose and main duties of the Governing Body are:
- Reports from the Corporate Director for consideration and action.
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction.
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money as well.
- Helping the school to set high standards by planning for the school’s future and setting targets for school improvement.
- Keeping the pressure up on school improvement.
- Being a critical friend to the school, offering support and advice.
- Helping the school respond to the needs of parents and the community
- Making the school accountable to the public for what it does.
- Working with the school on planning, developing policies and keeping the school under review.
- Exercising its responsibilities and powers in partnership with the headteacher and staff.
- Not to intervene in the day-to-day management of the school unless there are weaknesses in the school when it then has a duty to take action.