COVID-19 Coronavirus Information
Our priority is to make sure your children feel safe and happy, ensuring every child gets the support they need.
All necessary changes have been put in place to make school safe following our risk assessment. There will still be adjustments and we know, from before the summer, that the children adapted very well to these. We are looking forward to lots of outdoor learning, virtual assemblies, music lessons and much more.
The children will stay in their year group and class bubbles throughout the day. Children will be able to enter their classrooms as normal at 8:45am, where their teacher will be waiting for them. Please ensure your child remains supervised when being dropped off/picked up.
At 3:15pm children will be dismissed by their class teacher onto the playground to be collected by their adult. (Reception and infant classes will be ready to leave their classroom at 3.15pm and Juniors will get their things ready from 3.15pm. This allows time to collect the younger children first).
Children and adults will be able to use all the pedestrian gates as normal, we just ask that you respect the social distancing rules of 1m+, walking on the left and keeping your children walking with you. We ask that you do not stop where people need to walk but step to the side if you need to stop walking, so everybody is a safe distance and not held up. Once your child is safely in their classroom please leave the school grounds promptly.
No adults will be allowed into school or the classrooms currently, unless with a pre-booked appointment.
Any messages can be passed onto the school office by email or phone who will then pass these onto the class teacher.
• Children do not need book bags and any bags will not be allowed in school.
• Children are to be in full uniform
• School will finish at the new time of 3:15pm
• All children need to be accompanied by an adult. This includes Y5/6 children, they will not be allowed to walk home alone or in a group.
• No sandwich boxes or pack lunches are to be brought in except for any Y3/4/5/6 children who are not free school meals and do not want to pay for a lunch.
• COVID rules still apply for any symptoms of COVID-19 and we will need an up to date contact at all times.
Thank you for your ongoing support, as always. We look forward to a happy, safe and successful year.
Mrs Sainsbury and Mrs Baxter